If you have ever visited a jeweler, strolled through a dress shop, perused a bridal magazine, or even helped a friend plan a wedding, you know there is so much shopping for brides to do. This is, after all, one of the biggest days of your life. In order to ensure that the big day runs smoothly, you need to know where to start when it comes to shopping for all things wedding.
1. The Rings
It all starts with a ring, and it needs to be beautiful. If you are shopping together as a couple, set a budget and decide what stone shape, setting, and metal for the band you like best. Look for ideas online on sites like Pinterest and in bridal magazines. Read about what your favorite celebs are wearing and be sure the engagement ring blends well with the wedding band. Also, make sure you know your ring finger sizes.
2. The Dress
After the rings, the bridal gown is the second-biggest purchase you will make. Again, set a budget and research what styles and designers you like best. Figure out which styles go best with your body type. Be sure to get a head start on shopping, because you will likely require months of alterations and fittings to ensure you look beautiful on the big day. Do not forget to think about undergarments, shoes, and accessories, including how they fit into your budget.
3. The Other Clothing
The bride isn’t the only one who should look good. The groom needs a great suit or wedding outfit, as do your attendants. Know whether your wedding will be casual or formal before you shop. Think about styles, fabrics, patterns, and colors. Don’t forget to budget for accessories like belts and shoes. Have your bridesmaids attend a professional fitting before making any purchases.
4. The Décor
You want your setting to be almost as beautiful as you are on your big day. That includes décor, favors, flowers, and other items you will use to spruce up your ceremony and reception. Set a color scheme and theme before shopping, and be sure to give yourself plenty of time to make sure you receive all special orders. Find out what the venue that is hosting your wedding offers before you buy so much as tablecloth.
5. General wedding shopping tips:
• Choose a few trusted friends to bring along when you shop.
• Do some research before you shop. Go online and find out what you like or what’s trendy.
• Set a budget and stick to it. It is easy to get emotional and spend more than you planned on the big day, but in the end, you are cutting into savings that could be used on a new home or some other major purchase for your future.
• Ask other recent brides and grooms for recommendations. If your friends or coworkers recently got married, ask them where they bought their gowns, who their caterer was, and who provided the flowers. Word of mouth is better than any advertisement or online review.
This is a guest post by Apples of Gold. Apples of Gold originally branched off of a family-owned Los Angeles jewelry wholesaler with over 30 years of experience in the jewelry industry. Apples of Gold Jewelry has now been operating online for over 18 years and currently have almost 10,000 jewelry items online from diamond engagement rings to gemstone rings, gold crosses and Christian jewelry, to wedding bands and more.